Terms & Conditions
Welcome to our website. The term ‘The Jonathan Speirs Scholarship Fund’ or ‘JSSF’ or ‘jssf.org.uk’ or ‘The Fund’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website, a UK Registered Charity (No. 1149945) whose registration address is New Derwent House, 69-73 Theobalds Road, London WC1X 8TA, United Kingdom. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by JSSF and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of JSSF. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, JSSF takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
JSSF is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
What we collect
We may collect the following personally identifiable information via website forms that you voluntarily submit, when making a donation, nominating a student for a scholarship, or applying for a scholarship, including:
- Contact information including email address, postal address and telephone numbers.
Information we obtain from third parties
We occasionally research publicly available information about accredited schools of architecture to estimate their potential interest in supporting us in nominating students for the scholarship.
Why do we collect this information, and what do we do with it?
We collect and process your personal information for purposes that are in our legitimate organisational interests. We only do this if there is no overriding prejudice to you by using your personal information in this way. We describe below all situations where we may use this basis for processing.
- To identify individuals for financial support (on the basis of our legitimate interests to seek support and promote fundraising).
- To identify universities for nomination of students of architecture (on the basis of our legitimate interests to seek universities who wish to nominate students for the scholarship).
- To contact and award scholarships to students of architecture.
- To comply with our legal obligations.
For any situations where the above are not appropriate, we will instead ask for your explicit consent before using your personal information.
Who do we share your information with?
We never share your information with any third parties unless we are under a duty to comply with any legal obligation (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies).
When do we contact you?
We will only ever contact you in direct relation to your donation pledges, student nominations or applications to the scholarship. We always aim to communicate with you about the scholarship in ways that you find relevant, timely and respectful.
We use our legitimate organisational interest as the legal basis for communications by telephone, post and email. You may object to receiving these at any time using the contact details at the end of this policy.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place reasonable suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. All information supplied to JSSF will be stored securely for an indefinite period. You can request a copy of all the information we hold about you by contacting us. You can also request we amend or delete any information we store about you, again please contact us to request this. You can write to us at:
Jonathan Speirs Scholarship Fund, New Derwent House, 69-73 Theobalds Road, London WC1X 8TA, United Kingdom..
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or contact us. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your computer when you close your browser or turn off your computer. We may use session cookies to allow our systems to uniquely identify you during a session or while you are logged in to the Site. This allows us to process any online transactions and requests and verify your identity, after you have logged in, as you move through our Site.
Persistent cookies remain on your computer after you have closed your browser or turned off your computer. We use persistent cookies to track aggregate and statistical information about user activity, which may be combined with other user information.
Third Party Cookies
We may also engage third parties to track and analyse non-personally identifiable Site data. We use the data collected by such third parties to help us administer and improve the quality of the Site and to analyse Site usage. Such third parties may combine the information that we provide about you with other information that they have collected. This Policy does not cover such third parties’ use of the data.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The ‘Help’ portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether.
Visitors to our Site who disable their web browsers’ ability to accept cookies may still be able to browse the Site; however, some Site features may not function if you disable cookies. To be clear, if you turn off cookies aspects of this website may not work correctly, if indeed they work at all. By using this website you consent to us using cookies, if you do not agree to this, please close your browser window.
You can learn more about cookies and how to adjust your browser’s settings at www.allaboutcookies.org.
This website and its content is © copyright of The Jonathan Speirs Scholarship Fund. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- You may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only.
- You may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material.
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
JSSF may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
These Terms & Conditions were last updated 23 May 2018. v1.3. E&OE.